With cardiovascular disease striking nearly half of Americans, Eagle Telemedicine offers a solution that increases access to expert TeleCardiology care when and where it’s needed.
In smaller hospitals, cardiac issues are often the number one reason for transfer. Many of these patients only need a consultation to determine whether they can be retained and treated close to home, and avoid the disruption of transfer to a tertiary hospital.
Community hospitals in need of a solution for patients who don’t require invasive treatment consider TeleCardiology a valuable resource. TeleCardiology services support onsite hospitalists and the Emergency Department in the management of patients experiencing cardiac issues.
TeleCardiology Program Benefits
- Provide 24/7 access to expert cardiologists
- Collaborate coverage with local physicians
- Manage gaps in cardiology coverage
- Emergency response time of 15 minutes or less
- Maintain excellence in care and reduce transfers
- TeleCardiology can increase satisfaction for patients, families and staff
- Improve compliance with Leapfrog IPS standards
- Increase patient volume
- Maximize ROI with incremental DRG reimbursement
Telemedicine cardiology consultations are a hot topic right now because cardiac issues are often the number one reason for patient transfers from small community hospitals. In many cases, transfer is not necessary, and patients only need a consultation to determine whether they can be retained and treated.
With a TeleCardiologist is on call, local hospitals can confidently keep patients who don’t require invasive cardiology — the stress of transfer is avoided to everyone’s relief.