With cardiovascular disease striking nearly half of Americans, Eagle Telemedicine offers a solution that increases access to expert TeleCardiology care when and where it’s needed.
In smaller hospitals, cardiac issues are often the number one reason for transfer. Many of these patients only need a consultation to determine whether they can be retained and treated close to home, and avoid the disruption of transfer to a tertiary hospital.
Community hospitals in need of a solution for patients who don’t require invasive treatment consider TeleCardiology a valuable resource. TeleCardiology services support onsite hospitalists and the Emergency Department in the management of patients experiencing cardiac issues.
TeleCardiology Program Benefits
- Provide 24/7 access to expert cardiologists
- Collaborate coverage with local physicians
- Manage gaps in cardiology coverage
- Emergency response time of 15 minutes or less
- Maintain excellence in care and reduce transfers
- TeleCardiology can increase satisfaction for patients, families and staff
- Improve compliance with Leapfrog IPS standards
- Increase patient volume
- Maximize ROI with incremental DRG reimbursement
Remote Study Interpretation Services
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) records the electrical signal from the heart to check for different heart conditions. Electrodes are placed on the chest to record the heart’s electrical signals, which cause the heart to beat. The signals are shown as waves on an attached computer monitor or printer.
An echocardiogram checks how your heart’s chambers and valves are pumping blood through your heart. An echocardiogram uses electrodes to check your heart rhythm and ultrasound technology to see how blood moves through your heart. An echocardiogram can help your doctor diagnose heart conditions.