Dr. Arun Sherma Describes a TeleNeurology Consultation & Working as a TeleNeurologist
TeleNeurology consultation is a service provided to hospitals that lack a neurologist or do not have neurology coverage at night, on weekends and during holidays. In this video, Dr. Sherma explains why he works in telemedicine and his experience providing patient care during a TeleNeurology Consultation.
“There is not enough of us to provide care for every patient for every hospital in the country,” says Dr. Sherma, Neurologist and Neurology Telemedicine Provider. “With this kind of service I am available for your hospital system at anytime, when you need it. This saves cost. As you don’t have to transfer patients. I’m available at any time so patient care improves.”
Hear Dr. Sherma answer a variety of questions about neurology teleconsultation, including:
- What training did you receive from Eagle Telemedicine?
- How long did it take to become a telemedicine provider?
- Was it difficult to transition to TeleNeurology?
- Do you see different types of patients as a TeleNeurology physician?
- How do you diagnose a patient using telemedicine? How long does it take to diagnose a patient?